Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Reunited At Last

  Many years ago I got a Jakks Pacific WWF RAW Monster Ring for Christmas back in 1997 or 1998 one of those years. It came from the JC Penny catalog with an exclusive BCA referee figure and an BCA Kane, Undertaker and I believe a Stone Cold Steve Austin. Anyway I had a lot of fun with that as a kid. The referee took lots of abuse from having obscure matches against Barney the Dinosaur which when you were 8 years old, beating the living shit out of a Barney toy was the cool thing to do with old Jakks figures. Barney was always the jobber to The Undertaker. I guess when I was 12-13 years old I foolishly gave away my WWF RAW Monster Ring and Referee and other BCA's. I regret giving away the Referee but I got better Mattel Versions of them with the exception  of Stone Cold Steve Austin whose Mattel I don't have. Anyway how does this relate to being reunited?
  Well I am a wfigs.proboards.com member to start with, so I was looking to buy or trade with other members when I saw one member had the BCA referee that I had when I was a kid. So he gave me a price of $12 for the loose referee. I paid it, and received the figure a week later. So I got the figure yesterday waiting for me when I came home from work yesterday. Opening the box and seeing a figure just like I used to have as a kid made me feel reunited with my childhood. The figure had a few chips on the shirt and on the black hair and faded eyes which I don't mind at all. It adds to the conversation. I got it in time just for the 1000th episode of Monday Night RAW oddly enough. The figure is smaller in comparison to Mattel figures. In fact he is slightly taller than Hornswoggle with his leprechaun hat on. So many memories are brought back.

No comments:

Post a Comment