Friday, October 5, 2012

A Sign of Growing Up

   In 25 days I will be turning 23 years old. I still have a lot of my old action figures from when I was a child. I have neighbors who moved in to a double home next door to my current house and they have a little boy who just loves Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. So over the span of a few months I began to give him some Power Rangers stuff that I had. First I gave him the DVD of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie. I only paid $3 for it at Big Lots a few years ago. He watched the movie and loved it. I also had a book about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers from when I was about 5 years old. I gave him that as well and he loved it.
   Finally I was saving my old Power Rangers action figures for some reason. I had them since I was 5 years old. I was going to hold on to them to sell them when they would be worth some money. I realized that I would probably get diddly squat for them. I had six figures in total. They were the original action figures that when you pressed their belt buckle their heads would flip from their unmasked head to their power ranger helmet. Mine were all beat up from playing with them when I was alot younger. So over the last few days I was going to make an administrative decision on whether I should give them to my neighbor or keep them. My decision was clear I was going to give them to the little boy next door. When I gave him the grey Walmart bag with the figures, His eyes light up. I told him how their head mechanism works before I would give them away.
  Do I regret doing this? The answer is absolutely not at all. It was time for somebody else to enjoy them. I have outgrown them and gave them a new home like the ending of Toy Story 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment