Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Very Merry Perri Christmas Review

  I preordered Christina Perri's new Christmas EP on Amazon.com about a week ago. It arrived today. So I thought I would review it. Usually I cannot stand Christmas music but this is an exception. I am a fan of Christina Perri. I know the owners of one of the places she worked as a waitress in Bensalem, Pennsylvania. So there is a little backstory to this purchase.
The album artwork
  Now where was I? Oh yes my review of A Very Merry Perri Christmas. This CD has 6 tracks. Five of them are covers of Christmas songs with the exception of Something About December which was written by Christina Perri.
The tracklisting is as follows.
  1. Something About December
  2. Merry Christmas Darling
  3. Please Come Home for Christmas
  4. Ave Maria
  5. Happy Xmas (War is Over)
  6. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

  Now this EP is way better than any Christmas music I have heard while shopping in stores during the holiday season. Christina gave a lot of effort and emotion into singing these songs. You can tell with "Other" artists are selling out and don't give much effort into their Christmas albums. Most of them are generally disliked and frowned upon by their fans. I really hope that stores will play some of her versions of Christmas songs instead of the boring versions that have been played for years.
  Onto the album artwork. I like the album art. It's really different than most conventional Christmas album artwork and isn't cheesy like some of them. I think the side profile of her head is a unique feature that separates this album from the others out there. On a side note this EP is not in a jewel case, but a Digipak instead which gives it a Nine Inch Nails album feeling. Most of Nine Inch Nails albums are Digipaks.
  Overall I give this EP 10 out of 10 stars. You're probably thinking that's a little biased. It's not trust me on that. This EP is fantastic and stands out from the generic Christmas albums put out by other artists. It's better than Randy Travis's two Christmas albums. I'm glad that Christina Perri stayed away from some of the more annoying and stupid songs we hear around Christmastime such as Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, or Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk this Christmas or Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. I highly recommend this EP.

No comments:

Post a Comment