Thursday, October 11, 2012

Who Would Steal That?

  Today I thought I would write about a car. It's a car that my family owned at one point. The Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera was one of the top stolen cars throughout the 1990s. I don't condone stealing cars but it makes me wonder why would somebody steal an Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. The car is the most bland unattractive car that General Motors had made. People don't steal ugly cars.
Why Would Somebody Steal this?
  To quote my late grandfather, "No one steals Oldsmobile's". He said that after his 1992 Cadillac Seville was stolen. He bought a new car after the Cadillac was stolen, it was a 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera sedan. He actually thought that nobody would steal an Oldsmobile. Ironically the Oldsmobile he bought wasn't stolen. We ended up with that crappy car after my brother hit a deer with his 80s Oldsmobile Cutlass coupe going back to college. His car was totaled so my parents gave him their Buick LeSabre. So my Grandfather was nice to give us his Oldsmobile because we were in need of a car. My grandfather went out and bought what I believe was a Buick Century. I don't remember exactly what car he bought after he gave us his Oldsmobile, but I am sure it was a Buick.
  Now back to why would somebody steal that. here is a website that shows the top stolen cars by state http://www.securitygrades.com/cartheftsbystate.html. The info is from 2002 and is a bit dated. The stats show that the Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera is or was one of the top stolen cars. Frankly I don't have a clue to why would somebody steal such a hideous car. My dad said that it had to do with the door locks were easy to get into for that particular model. I'm not positive on that info, that is what he heard awhile back. There are better cars to steal than this clunker such as a Cadillac. 

No comments:

Post a Comment