Friday, October 19, 2012

Adventures in Kmart: The WWE Cube

  Ok I thought I would post about Mattel WWE action figures this time. If you are a WWE fan like myself, you probably know that Kmart is the Official sponsor of WWE Live events or something like that. I know that Kmart is billed as WWE Fan Central. So I belong to wfigs.proboards.com which is a forum for Wrestling figures. Members have posted about Kmart getting in a display cube full of Mattel WWE figure assortments. People have also reported to find the Elite series 16 Kevin Nash figure from the revision cases in those cubes. Yesterday I stopped in a Kmart after my 8:00 AM class to see if they had put the cube out. Surprisingly they had 2 cubes out for some reason. My guess is that the store is located in a higher populated area than where I live. Those 2 cubes contained Elite 16 The Rock, Randy Orton, and CM Punk. No Kevin Nash figure. Somebody probably got to them already. I already have E16 Diesel which is also Kevin Nash so no worries about that. I could live without the Kevin Nash from the revision cases. Now where was I? Oh yes, what the cubes contained. The cubes also contained that awful FlexForce stuff that clogs the shelves. Also there were Battle Pack series 18 in the cubes as well. For the single basic series figures there was series 22. I didn't need anyone from B22 because I have them in one form or another. I contemplated picking up a Booker T figure for my nephew's in Arizona but decided against it.
  Last night I couldn't get out to my local Kmart due to being at a local concert. When I get home I checked my email and got one from my former coworker who also collects WWE figures. He asked me if I got the E16 Kevin Nash figure. I responded back and said no I wasn't at my local Kmart due to the concert. Anyway I went to my Kmart to see if they had the B21 Beth Phoenix. Well I lucked out. B21 was there but the Beth Phoenix's were gone. Usually Diva figures are packed 2 per cube and 1 per case. I did manage to get the B21 Mason Ryan figure. I like it a lot. It's better than his first figure that had an uncanny resemblance to pitchman Billy Mays. Also the Kmart cubes had the kid sized belts.

No comments:

Post a Comment