Friday, June 24, 2011

Adeventures In Thrifting at Goodwill

  Today, My mom went to a custom framing place to see the progress on the frame for an old picture was coming along. I had no interest in the framing place so, thankfully there was a Goodwill store right next to the framing place. I only had a few minutes to look around so I can't tell you what some of the prices were.
  The moment I entered the store, I checked the toy section first. I usually check the toy section first to see if there is any old WWE figures, or Jurassic Park toys, or Batman toys and Hot Wheels cars. Alas Goodwill had neither of those. What they did had that didn't interest me at all were used Barbie dolls for $3 a piece. $3 for a beat up used Barbie is way too much. Even if I were a girl which I am not, I would never buy a used Barbie for $3. I did see plenty of stuffed animals in the toy section. I did eye up a large Stewie plush, however due to time constraints I didn't check the price.
   I then proceeded to check out the book/video selection, and happened to see a plastic storage bin with old 12" vinyl LPs and a bunch of old 7" 45s on the table. I had no interest in the old vinyls. Again I didn't even look through them and check the prices on them mostly due to the fact that there is a record store in town that sells used vinyls for $1 a piece. Then I saw a bunch of old VHS tapes. There again I didn't even bother to check the price because I don't use my VCR much anymore. I skipped over the books.
    Next I went to the T-shirt section to look for old WWE and Nine Inch Nails T-shirts. Sadly there were none. I briefly looked over the jackets and windbreakers, when an Air Products windbreaker caught my eye. I would have liked to have bought it, but I didn't check to see if it was an XL. Finally I proceeded to look at my favorite things, Hats. There wasn't many hats there but two of them in particular interested me. The two hats were probably Pepsi employee hats. One was a green Mountain Dew hat with the 1980s logo, and the other was a gray unstructured Diet Pepsi Max hat. They were $1.99 each and both appeared to be new, especially the Mountain Dew hat because it still had that cardboard crown protector thingy in it. So it came down to choosing a hat and I eventually chose the Mountain Dew hat.
    When I went to the check out, I had to wait a few minutes for the cashier to notice that I was waiting to pay for the hat. The cashier was dusting off clothing racks. When she was ringing up my item, she spent around 10 seconds trying to find the price, I showed her where the tag was on the hat and paid for the hat. On my way out, I noticed a plastic bin full of mint in package McDonald's and Burger King toys. I briefly looked at them, and Walked out saying to myself I remember that toy I used to have it. Sadly I'm 21 and No longer collect Fast food toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment