Monday, June 27, 2011

Why SyFy is the Worst Channel on TV

  Ok today I am going to rant about SyFy. To me this channel used to be great. Now it's just overflowing with garbage. Back when SyFy used to be called Sci-Fi Channel, there were great shows, such as Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the Stargate series which I never even watched. Here's why SyFy is the worst channel on TV.
   1. Too Many Ghost Shows. I tend to notice that Syfy has been showing way to many, Ghost Hunters programming. I used to watch Ghost Hunters, but after a while the show started to get stupid when a spin off program called Ghost Hunters International began airing which I never watch. Don't even get me started on Haunted Collector. Now don't get me wrong here, I do think that haunted items are interesting, but who in their right mind would watch a show about haunted items, every week. It would be the same thing over and over again. It would get real old really fast.
   2. Too Many Reruns of Older TV Shows. I tend to notice this trend a lot especially on weekday mornings. Sometimes SyFy will run marathons of old TV shows such as V, Early Edition, or Star Trek TNG. I don't mind watching Star Trek TNG. Why don't they show other programming that isn't from the 80s and early 90s? Why run marathons of old TV Shows? Well, here's my theory, I think that SyFy airs these older TV shows to fill in the airspace when they could be showing one of their horrendous Original Movies.
   3. Bad Original Movies. I suggest that you read my older post about why these movies are bad.http://jcmotorsofficial.blogspot.com/2011/05/syfy-channel-original-movies-are.html because I don't feel like typing everything over again. But I'll tell you that They are all bad.
   4. Smackdown. If there has to be the most unrelated show to air on this channel, it would have to be WWE Smackdown. I like WWE but why does Smackdown have do go on a channel that has a science fiction theme? What does professional wrestling have to do with SyFy? Absolutely nothing. WWE and SyFy don't mix. Why? Well for one reason it is because Science fiction and professional wrestling are two different things and are totally unrelated. I know that WWE gave the rights to NBC Universal to air WWE Programming, but why SyFy. Couldn't they air Smackdown on USA on Friday Nights?
   Well there you have it this is why SyFy sucks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment