Saturday, June 11, 2011

Gamestop Used Game Rant

  Whenever I go into Gamestop which is vary rarely, I look at the used PS2 games and I am appalled that Gamestop accepts used games without the original box and manual. I am a person who isn't a hardcore gamer or game collector but buying a game without its original box and manual is pretty pointless. Ok first off why on Earth would Gamestop take a game for a trade without the original box or manual? I guess they'll do anything to make a quick buck. Back to the rant. If you look at the majority of the used games in the store, you'll notice that like 97% of them don't have their original box and manual. It grinds my gears and turns me away from buying the game I want. Well for one thing, I like to have the original box and manual to go along with the used game that I bought because the original box doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like the generic Gamestop one they have. Second, If I buy a used game without the box and manual, and I don't know how the controls are set up on the game, how am I supposed to know how to control the game? Where is the common sense here? Another thing that I hate about Gamestop is that they take scratched games. I mean really? Anything to make a quick buck here people. Before I purchase a used game, I take it to the counter and ask the employee if the disc is scratched, and if it is, I don't buy it. Simple as that. The reason why I hate Gamestop is because they take a game if it is missing its original box and manual, and if the game is scratched. This is why I always skip over buying Fire Pro Wrestling Returns at Gamestop because the one that they have doesn't have the original box and manual. So That is why I hate buying used games at Gamestop.

1 comment:

  1. I never ran into problems with used games personally, but I can understand wanting the original box and manual. The least they could do is make one that looks presentable, rather than just chucking it in an empty cover-less box or not even in a box. I think I have seen them use those paper CD sleeves for games recently too. Well, I guess it saves space, but it makes it incredibly hard to browse.

    I guess if I really want the game, and it's hard to find/out of print, I will buy it anyway, though. Hopefully without scratches...

    ReplyDelete