Friday, June 3, 2011

Why Is America's Funniest Home Videos Still On When We Have YouTube?

  Today my parents were watching America's Funniest Home Videos on ABC Family when I said to myself why in the hell is this still on. To tell you the truth, this show should have died when YouTube was established in 2005. Why should you watch America's Funniest Home Videos when you can look at similar videos that are equally funny without the laugh tracks on YouTube. It's a mystery. I think that ABC wants to try to combat the internet age with a dying TV show running since 1989.
   What's the point to this dying show since YouTube came along? If I want to see fat people falling, I could just go onto YouTube and search fat people falling without seeing Tom Bergeron give me a description of what is expected to happen in the Funny video and without the unnecessary laugh tracks. With YouTube you have wide range of stupid videos of people getting hurt or something going completely wrong and people acting like idiots on webcams all uncensored. With AFHV you have the video censored. Why sit at home watching funny videos where you can go on YouTube and watch the same type of videos where people get hurt or an accident happens with out commercials. I know there are ads over some of the YouTube videos now. So one or two of them is only a slight annoyance. Finally in the long run America's Funniest Home Videos is a classic suffering a slow and painful death that I hope ABC will pull the life support plug real soon. Who even watches this show anymore? I know I don't

No comments:

Post a Comment