Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Top 5 Worst For Dummies Books

  Today I was in Barnes & Noble looking around, when I happened to come across some of those For Dummies books. While I was looking at them, It came to me that some of the titles and topics were pretty dumb. I had do walk into the mall to prevent myself from laughing like a maniac at them because some of the titles were hilarious.
5. Beekeeping For Dummies By Howland Blackiston. Now here is a book that sounds remotely dangerous to me. Why in the hell would anybody want to learn beekeeping? I know I don't because I don't like bees. But if the person who is reading this book, doesn't follow the safety precautions, such as not buying the beekeeper suit, and ends up getting stung by a swarm of angry bees and on top of that dies from them not knowing that they are allergic to bee stings. It would take a dummy to do just that. The only use for this book is as a gag gift to a person who has a fear of bees.
4.The Royal Wedding For Dummies. By Julian Knight. All I can say about this is WTF? If there has to be the ultimate waste of money, it has to be this book. What else is there to know about this wedding? Let me summarize this for you, It's about the Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, it took place in England, and It's the royal wedding. There now you don't have to waste your hard earned cash on this. I checked Amazon.com and this actually exists. So this ain't no photoshop.
3. Medical Terminology For Dummies. By Beverly Henderson CMT and Jennifer Dorsey. Now wait a minute. So If I read this book, that means I can be a doctor? I see this book is only useful to a med school student, but I see it as a useful resource for quacks. Lets see here Johnny, I think you have a cold here but I am not sure. Let me check this For Dummies book here to double check to see if I'm right.
2. Eating Disorders For Dummies.  By Susan Schulherr, LCSW. Ok What is the point to this one? I am going to use this example for comedy so bear with me on my poor taste. If I wanted an eating disorder there are 2 options, vomit after eating, or not eating anything at all. See now you don't have to buy the book.
1. Building Your Own Home For Dummies. By Kevin Daum, Janice Brewster, and Peter Economy. Ok this book is a recipe for disaster. This book should have a disclaimer, ask a professional for help. If someone misread a step, then their whole house could collapse on them and kill them and then the publishers, and authors would get the pants sued out off of them in court.

No comments:

Post a Comment