Monday, June 20, 2011

Bruno Mars is Overplayed and I am Sick of Hearing Him Already

   I noticed that radio stations tend to play Bruno Mars all the time. Well I am sick of it. In fact I am sick of it to the point that I want to throw up or shoot my radio. In my opinion and guesstimate I believe he is played on the radio around 95% of the day. You know Bruno Mars really grinds my gears. If I am not mistaken he used to be a songwriter for other artists. He should have never became a singer, he should have stayed a songwriter. The fact that annoys me is that there are thousands upon thousands of other songs that can be played instead of Bruno Mars.
    Whenever a radio station plays The Lazy Song for instance, I switch the station. If the station that I switched to is playing the same song, I push the CD button in the car so I can listen to Born This Way by Lady Gaga. I find it funny that my mother is sick of Lady Gaga and I am sick of Bruno Mars and my mom doesn't care about him. Sometimes my mom says that the radio station plays the same songs over and over again which is true. Why is Bruno Mars overplayed? Maybe its the fact that he is a popular artist. Or is it a government music torture conspiracy to annoy the daylights out of radio listeners. Another thing that I cant stand about Bruno Mars is the music video for The Lazy Song. Not only do I find this music video to be racist because he is dancing with chimps. I don't want to go into extreme detail about it.
       When I wake up in the morning I will turn on the TV to watch Jump Start on VH1 which is a show that shows music videos. Even there I can't get away from him. Especially when they show his music videos. If I feel lazy and don't want to change the channel, I will play MST3K while watching his music video. Playing MST3K or Mystery Science Theater 3000 the long way is when you crack jokes at a movie or TV show or music video to make the pain go away.
        Bruno Mars is a great songwriter that's the only positive thing I can say about him. Other than that, he is annoying to hear every 10 minutes on the radio. He is way too overrated. If you have read my older post about the bands or artists that I hate, you probably noticed that he is at the number one spot on the list. So Here's a tip for radio DJ's out there. Stop Playing Bruno Mars. Play some other artist out there there's like a million of them to choose from.

3 comments:

  1. If you get online and look up 'corporate payola', it will explain why Bruno Mars and other mediocre artists are played ad nauseum. It has to do with record companies paying radio stations obscene amounts of money to play a song an insane number of times a day, thereby beating it into the heads of unaware listeners. The media covers up for it by fostering the image that people are calling in and 'requesting' the song be played, so people think 'It's being requested a lot, it must be very popular'. Sales rise, and the record company has done its job. Namely, to create a profit. It has only to do with record company greed, not fostering creativity or 'taking a chance'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, he is overplayed. I cannot listen to radio without not hearing any song by him.
    I do believe it must be corporate payola as Musicfreak says, it seems less and less variety is being played on the radio, and while I can understand why some songs can be catchy, I don't understand why they can't play a wider variety when there are so many better artists out there with talent who deserve to be heard, but never are.

    Moreover, they play it for such a long time, that you get sick of it fast no matter how good it might be, and just wish they'd move the cycle already, only to be bombarded with worse music.

    I swear, when they kept playing offensive songs like that stupid "whistle" song or "sexy chick", I felt like humanity was going backwards. How can songs that are so sexist be so popular? Payola? I don't know how any song that has lyrics like, "I can't find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful", can possibly be popular with females, which is what, around half the population?

    What I don't get, is that if it is illegal for record companies to pay radios in secret, why is it so seemingly common? Are they simply not doing anything about it? Is everyone in the world pretty much just going according to bribes? Are they brainwashing the radio DJs in secret, thereby having found a loophole?

    Not only music by Bruno Mars, but the song from Frozen is so freaking overplayed, that it literally tortures me. Anytime I hear it, my mind is sent into this utter feeling of despair and loss of hope.
    This can be due to my brother constantly playing the song every day and night that he is home since its' release, on the highest volume so the ONLY possible way for me to block it is by masking it with my own music louder than I am comfortable with. This has effectively turned me nocturnal.

    I cannot sleep at night if he is home, because that is his prime time to be loud with his Disney music and explosion sounds on his TV or PC. He's a flight attendant who goes to Disneyland religiously, and used to always play "Best of both worlds" and High school musical songs, can you believe he is 27 years old? I am actually starting to think brainwashing is a possibility, because he used to be fairly normal before he started working at Disneyland, and then after that he was never the same even after they fired/laid him off. He is completely obsessed with anything Disney, even stuff made for little girls, and I'm starting to think it's some kind of weirdo religious cult for adults to be obsessed with such a greedy, poor people-hating, child-hating company who hides under the illusion that they're "magic".

    It's been long enough and that Frozen song just needs to just die, but no, it still plays on radios, TVs, everywhere. It is literally driving me insane and causing me so much stress.

    I can really feel for those pirates who get tortured with American pop music by the government.

    ReplyDelete